[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - JBoss Portal CMS Features

albertodominguezs do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Jun 16 22:46:17 EDT 2009

The whole idea is to support an existing JEE application -built on top of JSF, to be accessible through the Intranet, but including a kind of help-supporting text for each feature of the system. I do not have experience in Portals, so I'm looking for some advices in order to avoid rookie mistakes.

1. Site will be hosted inside a "secure" MS Intranet. Is there any guide or tips to implement JBoss Negotiation allowing integrated authentication and authorization? What should I have in consideration? Should I reject that request and use only the LDAP mechanism.

2. Site will be launched at the time for several countries, but as one portal, all countries speak Spanish. What is the best way to implement localization? Through portals? Through CMS folders? How can I allow users to jump between countries? Can it be done by using the profile info?

3. How to implement a search box that looks for matches inside the HTML files loaded into the CMS? Any simple ideas or tips on how to use Google integrated search -for example?

4. Is there any way to include a kind of blog-feature inside the CMS? Client wants to post some "news" inside the site to keep in touch with the users, so I'm looking for an easy way to do that. However I do not want to develop it from the scratch.

I do really appreciate any help or advice. I already bought and read some books, but nothing really useful. I'm also translating JBoss Portal to Spanish -if somebody need it, I will share it once it gets done.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4238073#4238073

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4238073