[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - Re: Cross Page wiring in JBoss

thomas.heute@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Jun 18 03:33:13 EDT 2009

You can achieve the same thing with JBoss Portal check the samples.

As you mention the only spec that exists in that domain is the JSR-286 spec which doesn't concern the notion of pages. The thing you mention is proprietary to WPS, so of course it will work with WPS and of course won't work the same way in JBoss Portal. I hope you understand this.

Now the notion of events are made to trigger events in a blind way, one portlet should be able to emit events without caring who's listening, same for listeners they shouldn't have to care if there are other listeners.

If the event redirect from page to page, that can lead to interesting things, the page you will land is then totally random.

So now the question is 'do we call the event phase from portlets that are not on the same page from the current one ?', so far I haven't seen a usecase where this should happen, and this is not helping our users/customers to allow this as most scenarios I heard of are mis-understanding of what the events in JSR-286 are about (UI).

Now, hilmer's idea requires to not only trigger the event phase from other pages but also the render phase and 'somehow' dynamically update the content on the opened page which should start with a proof of concept if there is any picker on this idea :)

I don't see how the scenario you mention relates to that, from what i read you just want to build URLs to call other pages in fact in that case you would not even want portlets from the same page to listen to the event.

This is part of the extension to the PortletRequest that we provide, see the catalog portlet: https://svn.jboss.org/repos/portal/tags/JBoss_Portal_2_7_2/core-samples/src/main/org/jboss/portal/core/samples/catalog/CatalogPortlet.java

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4238398#4238398

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4238398