[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - Re: Portlet development in Seam/JSF only ?

chris.laprun@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Jun 18 16:24:47 EDT 2009

You can write portlets using whatever technology you see fit. How you write your portlets is outside of the Portal scope. As long as the portlets are JSR-168 or JSR-286 compliant, they should work.
The question however is: does web framework X provide a bridge between the web app and portlet worlds? We happen to think that JSF / Seam / RichFaces are good matches for portlet development and we provide a bridge for these technologies that integrate well with Portal. Other web frameworks might work as well but, once again, it is really outside of the Portal scope and more up to each web framework to provide a bridge to the portlet world.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4238600#4238600

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4238600