[jboss-user] [Installation, Configuration & DEPLOYMENT] - form field validation and form posting not working after a d

brettcave do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Jun 19 05:39:50 EDT 2009

have a strange error that I am really battling to isolate.

have a jsf page with validation, using code like:
<h:inputText value="#{user.username}" required="true" validator="usernameValidator">
<a:support event="onblur" reRender="usernameValidation" bypassUpdates="true" ajaxSingle="true" />
</h:inputText>

I deploy the application (hot deploy disabled, restart JBoss to deploy new version).

The validation / form posting on the entire app doesnt work. But after a few hours, everything starts working. I suspect a cache issue somewhere, but have no idea where.

I am accessing the application via apache + mod_jk. I restart JBoss, restart apache (which also has no disk / file caching enabled, only mem_cache) and still cant validate immediately after the deploy.

the jsf page has no-cache headers too.

its definitely not client side. and it does the same whether over http or https.

any ideas what could be causing this??

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4238708#4238708

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4238708