[jboss-user] [Remoting] - Failsafe RMI

goldi do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Jun 19 05:50:10 EDT 2009

Hy,

I'm wondering what the best way is to make a RMI/Synchron-Call (from JBoss to JBoss) failsafe. So I have JBoss1 in wich is running  a SSB
(doing some things on DB return result), and JBoss 2 in wich is running a SSB calling SSB on JBoss1.

Problems that may occur:

- SSB from JBoss2 tries to call SSB on JBoss1 and JBoss1 is down
  + how to retry the call?

- SSB from JBoss2 calls SSB on JBoss1 and the connection gets lots during the call
   + how to retry the call?

- SSB from JBoss2 calls SSB on JBoss1, SSB on JBoss1 changes things in the DB after that the connection between the two JBoss gets lost
  + how to rollaback the changes in the database?

I took a look at jboss-remoting and it seems that this could solve this problems.

Greets goldi

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4238714#4238714

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4238714