[jboss-user] [JBoss Messaging] - Re: Ordering Group and Queue-FullSize reload problem

mclu do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Jun 19 06:39:20 EDT 2009

Howard!

Here more analysis!

I can see that the order is scambled.
But this has nothing to do with the ordered load of the messages. It has to do with updating the Page_ORD.

The above error can be reproduced if you kill the server before all Page_Ord`s are updated.
So before UpdatePageOrderRunner().executeWithRetry(); finishes.

Then I see in my database this!

  | ORD numbers not real numbers
  |
  | ORD  PAGE_ORD
  | 1       NULL
  | 2       NULL
  | 24     NULL
  | 25      25
  | 26      26
  | 84      84
  | 85     NULL
  | 86     NULL
  | 115   NULL

As you can see after Ord 85 the page_ord was not yet set!

Then I restart the server and while starting the QueueService the load() method is called. This results in calling loadFromStart() at the JDBC PersistenceManager.
I don't know why but after the first call it loads 50 unpaged messages to the Queue(pageOrd=NULL) and updated one (the last one) to 85. ?!?
So the ord message 115 has now page_ord 85.??

Then I stopped debugging.
So it seams that setting the right page_ord numbers is not handled well if the system has not set the numbers for the newest messages!

Hope this helps to reproduce the Bug

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4238734#4238734

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4238734