[jboss-user] [EJB 3.0] - EAR packaging

amanmanocha do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Jun 24 02:06:52 EDT 2009

Hi,

Please help me understand the packaging of an ear. Here is one scenario :

Lets say there are two modules(ModuleA and ModuleB) in the system, both modules have their own set of session beans and entity beans.
Then there is another module (say a Facade) which makes use of session beans from both modules.

                            |-------ModuleA
Client-----Facade---
                            |-------ModuleB

The Facade is exposed as RMI endpoint the clients.
If I package the entire application in one jar then every thing works fine but if I try to make separate jars for the two modules, I encounter a lot of problems.

Please help me understand how packaging of an ear is done when there are multiple persistence units.
Do I have to keep the session beans and entity beans in separate jar files?

Thanks in advance,
Aman

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4239606#4239606

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4239606