[jboss-user] [Performance Tuning] - Huge number of connection creation count irrespective of con

rohit.macherla do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Jun 25 04:07:26 EDT 2009

Hi all,

I am using JBoss-4.2.2.GA server on a HP-UX machine. My application uses JAX-WS type webservices. I am using connection pooling and the connection pool parameters are :
anonymous wrote : BlockingTimeoutMillis = 30000
  | BackGroundValidationMinutes = 10
  | PreFill = False
  | BackGroundValidation = False
  | ManagedConnectionFactoryName = jboss.jca:service=ManagedConnectionFactory,name=testapi
  | UseFastFail = False
  | Criteria = ByNothing
  | ManagedConnectionPool = org.jboss.resource.connectionmanager.JBossManagedConnectionPool$OnePool at 1e44d32
  | PoolJndiName = testapi
  | NoTxSeparatePools = False
  | MinSize = 5
  | MaxSize = 50
  | Name = JBossManagedConnectionPool
  | IdleTimeoutMinutes = 15

After load testing my application, I found that :
anonymous wrote : MaxConnectionsInUseCount = 9
  | ConnectionCreatedCount = 6590
  | ConnectionDestroyedCount = 6585

I am eager to know why so many connections were created and destroyed even though my application uses Connection Pooling. Since connection creation takes time, I would like to know if there's a better way to handle connections.
The jboss-ds.xml file for the connection pooling is :
anonymous wrote :

  |     <local-tx-datasource>
  |         <jndi-name>testapi</jndi-name>
  |         <connection-url>jdbc:oracle:thin:app/C10 at HOSTNAME:1588:TNSNAME</connection-url>
  |         <driver-class>oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver</driver-class>
  |         <user-name>app</user-name>
  |         C10
  |         <min-pool-size>5</min-pool-size>
  |         <max-pool-size>50</max-pool-size>
  |         <exception-sorter-class-name>org.jboss.resource.adapter.jdbc.vendor.OracleExceptionSorter</exception-sorter-class-name
  | >
  |     </local-tx-datasource>

Thank you.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4239911#4239911

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4239911