[jboss-user] [JBoss Cache: Core Edition] - Re: node.getChild() returning inconsistent results

drcallaway do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Jun 26 13:47:24 EDT 2009

"galder.zamarreno at jboss.com" wrote : What JBoss Cache version are you using?

I'm using version 3.1.0.GA and I seem to be able to retrieve fully qualified nodes from the root node just fine (not just the root node's immediate children). Here is some more sample code from the Users' Guide:

   Map lotsOfData = generateData();
  |    cache.put("/a/b/c", lotsOfData);
  |    cache.getRoot().getChild("/a").setResident(true);
  |    cache.getRoot().getChild("/a/b").setResident(true);

This seems to suggest that you can ask the root node for descendents beyond its immediate children. However, I haven't been able to get that to work if I include the beginning slash. Regardless, would I be better off using this:

cache.getChild(Fqn.fromString("/a/b"))

Rather than this?

cache.getRoot().getChild(Fqn.fromString("a/b"))

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4240421#4240421

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4240421