[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - Re: Portal database

dorothy do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Jun 29 04:09:49 EDT 2009

Well I do not mean the AS where the business logic resides. I mean to say the portal server's app server only and as you suggested that in case of WSRP also we have multiple portal servers and hence multiple app servers.

Why I am calling this as tightly coupled is because a portal application is in essencec a web app only and how does it matter if the app server needs to be a specific one (like JBoss AS, in case of JBOss PS) and that too in the same machine. If we consider the portal app. as just a normal web app., which it actually is, then it should be able to run on any app server on any machine.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4240608#4240608

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4240608