[jboss-user] [Tomcat, HTTPD, Servlets & JSP] - Referencing ${catalina.base}

juanavelez do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Jun 29 12:10:55 EDT 2009

I am a newbie to JBoss and the reason for using JBoss is that we have a tomcat-based application which our customer wants to run in JBoss. Our app is also a spring-based application and we have some properties file needed by spring referenced by some spring-configuration files by

${catalina.base}/properties/someproperty.file

The above was a requirement from our customer which was using JBossAS as their AS instead of Tomcat. According to our customer this is what they do inside JBoss to reference a property file out of a WAR file (They have centralized the location of properties files out of WAR files for better managing).

I downloaded 5.1.0GA and installed it. Using the "default" server, I copied my war file onto %JBOSS_HOME%/server/default/deploy but when it runs, it complains that ${catalina.base} can not be resolved.

I am using JBossAS 5.1.0 GA, WinXP, jdk 1.5.0_15.

Any help will be gladly appreciated.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4240802#4240802

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4240802