[jboss-user] [Clustering/JBoss] - Re: HASingletonDeployer ERROR upon secondary server startup

jaikiran do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Jun 29 15:19:35 EDT 2009

Brian,

I was able to reproduce this with a simple SLSB:

import javax.ejb.Stateless;

  | import org.jboss.ejb3.annotation.Depends;
  |
  | @Stateless
  | @Depends("jboss.ha:service=HASingletonDeployer,type=Barrier")
  | public class CalculatorBean implements CalculatorRemote, CalculatorLocal

Deploys fine on node1. When node1 is started and node2 is brought up with this deployment, it fails with (cryptic MC dependency error):

DEPLOYMENTS MISSING DEPENDENCIES:
  |   Deployment "jboss.j2ee:jar=jboss-ejb3-tutorial-stateless.jar,name=CalculatorBean,service=EJB3" is missing the following dependencies:
  |     Dependency "<UNKNOWN jboss.j2ee:jar=jboss-ejb3-tutorial-stateless.jar,name=CalculatorBean,service=EJB3>" (should be in state "Described", but is actually in state "** UNRESOLVED Demands 'jboss.ha:service=HASingletonDeployer,type=Barrier' **")
  |   Deployment "jboss.j2ee:jar=jboss-ejb3-tutorial-stateless.jar,name=CalculatorBean,service=EJB3_endpoint" is missing the following dependencies:
  |     Dependency "jboss.j2ee:jar=jboss-ejb3-tutorial-stateless.jar,name=CalculatorBean,service=EJB3" (should be in state "Configured", but is actually in state "PreInstall")
  |
  | DEPLOYMENTS IN ERROR:
  |   Deployment "<UNKNOWN jboss.j2ee:jar=jboss-ejb3-tutorial-stateless.jar,name=CalculatorBean,service=EJB3>" is in error due to the following reason(s): ** UNRESOLVED Demands 'jboss.ha:service=HASingletonDeployer,type=Barrier' **

The real issue is that a @Depends add a depedency on a MC bean with state = INSTALLED/STARTED (don't exactly remember which of these 2).

However, looking at the JMX console, i can see that the
jboss.ha:service=HASingletonDeployer,type=Barrier

on Node1 is in STARTED state whereas on Node2 its in CREATED state. I don't know much of this type=Barrier MBean, but probably that's expected? This effectively results in MC dependency resolution error.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4240851#4240851

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4240851