[jboss-user] [Beginners Corner] - Re: Tutorial that WORKS? and jboss source code?

anteo do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Jun 29 16:41:32 EDT 2009

first of all thanx a lot for trying to help:)

to the tutorial you gave to me, yes i've been working with that but either is the tutorial wrong or the jboss tools have a lot of bugs. I've installed it and things happens not as the tutorial says.
first of all no java class is beeing generated. I had to write the TestPortlet.java manually and after i do run on server the browser on eclipse shows the link http://localhost/testPortal not what the tutorial shows. these are just small thinks but even after adding the class manually there are a lot of problems showing in the console after "run on server"-command and i am sure that i have a right installation of JBoss Bundle cause i have managed to repair all the problems and deploy all example portlets till jsf Examples. But i had to search every time in forums and google about it. And after days of searching i found no good documentation and no good tutorial. And the same problems has also another person that is working with me at this time.

about the source Link: did you tried it and did it work in eclipse or you just gave me something that you have heard about. Where is for example the GenericPortlet.java in the source that you gave me?

let's make the question different: Does anyone know where the source for portlet-api.jar is. As mentioned above i want to import the source in eclipse and have in that way every time i move with the mouse over a class the comments about it.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4240865#4240865

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4240865