[jboss-user] [JBoss Cache: Core Edition] - Re: How does JBoss Cache perform with high (15-20) number of

bela@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Jun 30 02:52:45 EDT 2009

"souravm" wrote : All together I've around 250x1000 such entities, which would be replicated across 20 nodes (in about 2-3 mins timeframe).

Do you mean that every node has to store 250MB of data ? By 'replicated' I infer total replication: everyone replicates to everybody else...

anonymous wrote :
  |  Now each entity being a size of 1 KB, we have provisioned for 250MB memory at each instance level (that means every node has all the state of the system). Given that I think with increase in number of instances in the cluster, the memory need would not increase.

OK, but then you're not using total replication, I assume 250MB is the total data distributed across the cluster ?

anonymous wrote :
  | My concern is more with the CPU cycles which will go in marshaling/unmarshaling data. Given that every instance would receive data from all other (N-1) instances, the CPU cycles in marshaling the data would grow in all nodes in addition of more nodes in the cluster.

Yes. Note that ispan doesn't use java.io.serialization though, so this is pretty efficient. But, yes, it might still be a perf issue.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4240924#4240924

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4240924