[jboss-user] [Performance Tuning] - Re: Full GC not releasing Memory

smarlow@redhat.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Jun 29 17:05:51 EDT 2009

Be sure that you aren't using the jmap tool from an JDK 1.6 installation (unlikely but thought it was worth mentioning).

http://www.j2ee.me/javase/6/webnotes/trouble/other/matrix5-Unix.htm talks about Java SE 5.0 update 14 supporting -XX:+HeapDumpOnCtrlBreak option.  I haven't tried this but maybe you could try this (with update 14 or newer).  Perhaps the jmap tool will even behave better.

I also like to use XX:+HeapDumpOnOutOfMemoryError (generates a heapdump file on first Java OOM) which was added in Java 5 update 7.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4240870#4240870

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4240870