[jboss-user] [Installation, Configuration & DEPLOYMENT] - Help in understanding deployment of war's

soimafreak do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sun Mar 1 16:41:45 EST 2009

Hi,

I'm pretty new to jboss, have seen and touched it and even installed it (RHEL systems) but other than that I don't know much else.

I know that to deploy an application I can put it in the default/deploy directory but I don't know much more than that, I know that on a RHEL4/5 system in /etc/sysconfig/ you can set the java home, jboss home directory, bind address etc. I know there's some sort of context path set but not sure of the importance of this or even where to set them. Likewise I'm not sure of the importance of the war file name etc etc.

I'm trying to in general increase my general awareness of jboss hence visiting the site to trawl through some documents.

Normally this is all taken care of our Development teams and we just deploy them. Which is great until you have issues.

At this moment in time I have a rather specific query.

If possible I'd like to know what might happen if file1.war was copied and renamed to file2.war but left within the deploy directory. Could this cause issues?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4214033#4214033

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4214033