[jboss-user] [Microcontainer] - Re: JBossTransactionServices and WebBeans

alesj do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Mar 3 05:48:14 EST 2009

"david.allen" wrote :
  | how to best inject the RealTransactionManager bean into one of our
  | beans.
  |
  | I modified webbeans-ejb-jboss-beans.xml to also have the following bean
  | declaration:
  |
  |   |   <beanfactory name="JBossTransactionServices"
  |   | class="org.jboss.webbeans.integration.ejb.JBossTransactionServices">
  |   |      <property name="controller"><inject
  |   | bean="jboss.kernel:service=KernelController" /></property>
  |   |      <property name="transactionManager"><inject
  |   | bean="RealTransactionManager" /></property>
  |   |   </beanfactory>
  |   |

  | That class/bean just needs the javax.transaction.TransactionManager that
  | the AS is using.

Add option="callback" attribute to TM's inject.
This will inject your TM once it's available.

"david.allen" wrote :
  | However, since this is a deployer perhaps, the TM is not ready or
  | loaded?  I get the following error:
  |
  | DEPLOYMENTS MISSING DEPENDENCIES:
  |   Deployment "JBossTransactionServices" is missing the following
  | dependencies:
  |     Dependency "RealTransactionManager" (should be in state
  | "Configured", but is actually in state "** NOT FOUND Depends on
  | 'RealTransactionManager' **")

Yes, the TM is not there yet.
But we do call the checkComplete, which causes this error msg.

We do boot, deployers and deploy in separate steps,
invoking MainDeployer::checkComplete after each of them.
Hence the deployers don't yet see the deploy, which is where the TM is deployed.

"david.allen" wrote :
  | I also tried adding a jboss-dependency.xml, but I really do not know
  | what name to use for the  element, or for that matter any of the
  | attributes.  Is this the correct approach?

This wouldn't help either, as what you would actually do is
create a dependency for a whole deployment on a particular bean,
where previously you had a single bean depending on that bean.
The error would be almost the same.

"david.allen" wrote :
  | Do you know the exact values
  | to put into jboss-dependency.xml elements for this case?

Sure, I wrote the jboss-dependency.xml mechanism. :-)

Check its test cases or read more about it here:
 - http://www.jboss.org/community/docs/DOC-13178

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4214468#4214468

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4214468