[jboss-user] [Installation, Configuration & DEPLOYMENT] - Scheduler Service Setup with Seam Application Code

srtielke do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Mar 3 14:42:04 EST 2009

Hey all.  I am currently in the process of setting up a Seam Web Application.  I have a Startup class that runs when the application starts and it is responsible for running several queries against a database.  The information returned is then stored in the application context.  I would like to create a scheduler service that mimics this process every hour.  I am having trouble with this setup.  I have read one post where a user added the appropriate scheduler-service.xml file to the web apps WEB-INF folder.  I tried that and it didn't work for me.  Serveral other posts suggested creating a SAR file and putting the webapp under there.

EX.
test.sar

 |-> test.war

 |-> WEB-INF

        |-> scheduler-service.xml
        |-> test-ds.xml

When I tried this approach, my datasource was unbound.  Any ideas or best practices to solve my problem would be much appreciated.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4214670#4214670

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4214670