[jboss-user] [JBoss AOP] - Re: Embed ejb3-interceptors-aop.xml or equivalent into EAR

ThomasGo do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Mar 4 02:57:00 EST 2009

Thanks for your reply. I had a look at the injboss example and already tried some of the things mentioned in  there before, but to no avail.

If I understand the examples correctly, I have to set this: false to true in order to enable general aop without precompilation. However, if I do this I get exceptions since the transformator is missing. OK, I could install it, but that would require to deliver it to every jboss installation our software runs in.

So I tried various approaches without loadtime weaving explicitly enabled: annotated interceptors, stand-alone jboss-aop.xml, embedded jboss-aop.xml
None worked, which would not surprise me in terms of standard aop (since I'm neither weaving at compile time nor explicitly at load time).

However, since interceptors work without any additional aop preparations (neither aopc nor loadtime weaving) if they are listed in ejb3-interceptors-aop.xml, there must be some way to achieve the same with embedding a corresponding file into our EAR.

So far, I came up with a solution that we might stick with: we deploy another xml file called lisa-interceptors-aop.xml (our application is called lisa :) ) which redefines and extends domain "Stateless Beans" (). This approach works, but requires us to deploy 2 additional files (the xml and the jar with the interceptors, which we don't want to include into the EAR).

As I said we might stick with that for now.
But I'd really appreciate some enlightenment how that whole thing should work with everything embedded into the EAR and without any explicit weaving (just standard jboss ejb3 mechanisms). Maybe I missed something in the documentation that you could point me to :)

Thanks in advance.

Thomas

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4214786#4214786

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4214786