[jboss-user] [JBoss jBPM] - "Runtime Task" Why not ?

AlClientView do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Mar 4 06:57:38 EST 2009

Hi everyone,

  I have a question about what change can(not)/should(not) be allowed to be done at runtime. More specifically I'm thinking about Task:

The way Jbpm is implemented (if I'm not wrong) allows client application to create task instance(s) for one Task at runtime. This can be done easily by using the API. And my question is what about "Runtime Task". I mean by runtime Task: Adding a Task to a process instance.
>From what I've seen, nothing prevent a client application from adding a Task to a TaskNode at runtime but this means all process instances will be affected by this change (since the change is done at the process definition level).
I'm not saying this implementation is wrong, I just try to understand what is the logic behind this choice.
There are runtime actions for example why not to have also runtime Task. Is it against the BPM philosophy, saying this is part of the process design done by the BA and in anycase that should be changed at runtime ?
I can understand this rule but then how to support the implementation of a Task node for which the creation of Task is decided by a rule (RuleEngine) ?
Sorry to be long but I'm very interested and curious to know what you guys think about this, first regarding JBPM and then BPM in general...

Thanks in advance,

Arnaud.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4214856#4214856

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4214856