[jboss-user] [JBoss Tools (users)] - Problem with Visual Page Editor using JBoss Developer Studio

djturner do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Mar 4 09:43:26 EST 2009

I cannot get the VPE editor to run - the message I get is 'The VPE editor can't run because your system environment needs to be changed slightly.'

The workspace .log file reports:

anonymous wrote : !MESSAGE Bundle org.mozilla.xulrunner.win32.win32.x86 is not found.
  | !STACK 0
  | org.jboss.tools.vpe.xulrunner.XulRunnerException: Bundle org.mozilla.xulrunner.win32.win32.x86 is not found.

I am using the following version of JBoss Developer Studio:

anonymous wrote : JBoss Developer Studio

  | Version: 1.1.0
  | Build id: 1.1.0.GA
  | Build date: 06/27/2008 16:37

The configuration details report the following

anonymous wrote : Plug-in "org.mozilla.xulrunner.win32.win32.x86" version "1.8.1.3-20070904" referenced by this feature is missing.

Please could somebody tell me what I need to do to get the VPE working.

Btw - I have tried to update the JBoss Tools but this results in an error:

anonymous wrote : Network connection problems encountered during search.
  |   Unable to access "http://download.jboss.org/updates/development".
  |     Unable to access site: "http://download.jboss.org/updates/development" [Server returned HTTP response code: "404 Not Found" for URL: http://download.jboss.org/updates/development.]
  |     Server returned HTTP response code: "404 Not Found" for URL: http://download.jboss.org/updates/development.
  |     Unable to access site: "http://download.jboss.org/updates/development" [Server returned HTTP response code: "404 Not Found" for URL: http://download.jboss.org/updates/development.]
  |     Server returned HTTP response code: "404 Not Found" for URL: http://download.jboss.org/updates/development.

I need to use this version of JBoss Developer Studio as I am using it as part of an Ingres-JBoss bundle.

Any pointers in the right direction would be gratefully received.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4214925#4214925

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4214925