[jboss-user] [JBoss Messaging] - Client Connection Delegate has Null state

mmarcuci do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Mar 4 14:29:49 EST 2009

I'm trying to start an application running in JBoss 4.0.5 that is to be a client to a JBoss Messaging server running JBoss 4.2.3, Messaging 1.4.0.SP3.  I think I've worked out most of the classpath issues, and everything starts up without exception.  I create the initial context with JNDI to connect to the messaging server, and have no problem coreating the connection factory.  and connection.  However, when I try to set an exception listener I get an NPE because the ClientConnectionDelegate has a null state.  I've tried using the updated remoting jar, but that doesn't solve the problem.  I have no problem running the messaging component of my application outside of the JBoss server, so I'm pretty sure the issue is somewhere either within my jboss config or with one of the client messaging jars I'm using. Anyone been able to resolve a similar issue?  Thanks for any help.

Details:

Client Application: server running in JBoss 4.0.5

Messaging Server: JBoss v 4.2.3.GA

WARNING: Exception in constructor
java.lang.NullPointerException
        at org.jboss.jms.client.container.ConnectionAspect.getConnectionState(ConnectionAspect.java:254)
        at org.jboss.jms.client.container.ConnectionAspect.handleSetExceptionListener(ConnectionAspect.java:118)
        at org.jboss.aop.advice.PerInstanceAdvice.invoke(PerInstanceAdvice.java:130)
        at org.jboss.jms.client.delegate.ClientConnectionDelegate$setExceptionListener_8089029433030319178.invokeNext(ClientConnectionDelegate$setExceptionListener_8089029433030319178.java)
        at org.jboss.jms.client.container.ClosedInterceptor.invoke(ClosedInterceptor.java:170)
        at org.jboss.aop.advice.PerInstanceInterceptor.invoke(PerInstanceInterceptor.java:117)
        at org.jboss.jms.client.delegate.ClientConnectionDelegate$setExceptionListener_8089029433030319178.invokeNext(ClientConnectionDelegate$setExceptionListener_8089029433030319178.java)
        at org.jboss.jms.client.delegate.ClientConnectionDelegate.setExceptionListener(ClientConnectionDelegate.java)
        at org.jboss.jms.client.JBossConnection.setExceptionListener(JBossConnection.java:117)

Client Jars included in classpath:
jboss-remoting.jar - version 2.2.2.SP4
jboss-aop-jdk50.jar - version jboss-aop-1.5.2.GA
jboss-messaging-client.jar - version 1.4.0.SP3
jbossall-client.jar - version 4.2.3.GA, stripped of all but the following packages javax.jms.*, org.apache.log4j.*, org.jboss.aop.*, org.jboss.aspects.*, org.jboss.injection.*, org.jboss.logging.*, org.jboss.remoting.*, org.jboss.util.*
trove.jar - version 4.2.3.GA

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4215000#4215000

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4215000