[jboss-user] [EJB/JBoss] - EJB Timer Service issue - Executes multiple times

kanag_k do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Mar 5 11:00:10 EST 2009

Hi

I created a SLSB timer service. On calling the scheduleTimer() method from my testcase the timer is created but the timeout method is executed multiple times. It waits for the specified duration(1 min) and again executes multiple times. is there any specific reason.

I thought it might be because of pooling so I used the PoolClass to limit the pool size to 1. Below is the EJB code

import java.rmi.RemoteException;
import java.util.Date;

import javax.annotation.PostConstruct;
import javax.annotation.Resource;
import javax.ejb.EJBException;
import javax.ejb.Remote;
import javax.ejb.SessionContext;
import javax.ejb.Stateless;
import javax.ejb.Timeout;
import javax.ejb.Timer;
import javax.jws.WebService;

import org.apache.log4j.Logger;
import org.jboss.annotation.ejb.PoolClass;

@Stateless
@PoolClass (value=org.jboss.ejb3.StrictMaxPool.class, maxSize=1)
public class HealthCheckTimerBean implements HealthCheckTimer
{
   private static Logger log = Logger.getLogger(HealthCheckTimerBean.class);

   private static @Resource SessionContext ctx;

   public void scheduleTimer() throws RemoteException
   {
	   long interval =60000;

	   System.out.println("HC Interval: "+interval);

	   if(interval<1)
	   {
	   	   log.error("Cannot create Health Check timer - HC interval not defined");
		   throw new RemoteException("Cannot create Health Check timer - HC interval not defined");
	   }
	   ctx.getTimerService().createTimer(interval,interval, "Probe Health Check Timer");
   }

   @Timeout
   public void timeoutHandler(Timer timer)throws RemoteException
   {
      System.out.println("---------------------");
      System.out.println("* Received Timer event: " + timer.getInfo());
      System.out.println("---------------------");
   }
}

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4215383#4215383