[jboss-user] [Persistence, JBoss/CMP, Hibernate, Database] - JBoss 4.0.1sp1 + Apache2.2 + mod_proxy_ajp + mysql + hiberna

bob.lyman do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Mar 5 12:44:32 EST 2009

I have an installation whereby we use Apache 2.2 as a proxy to two JBoss instances using mod_proxy_ajp and MySQL for the database server.

Viewed as such:

Apache2.2

|--->JBoss Instance 1 (JB1)--->Hibernate--->MySQL DB1

|--->JBoss Instance 2 (JB2)--->Hibernate--->MySQL DB2

Apache serves the proxy just fine, but the problem I'm having is with JBoss, MySQL and Hibernate.  Regardless of which instance is served first, the other instance will not recognize any datasources within it's mysql-ds.xml file.

So if JB1 is called first then when JB2 is called it reports in the log file "[net.sf.connection.DataSourceConnectionProvider] Could not find datasource java:/DB2" even though the mysql-ds.xml file for both instances is exactly the same. and contains the connection info for both instances.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Best regards,

Bob Lyman
Senior Consultant