[jboss-user] [JBoss jBPM] - Re:

kukeltje do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Mar 5 21:30:14 EST 2009

anonymous wrote : Let's take an example, I have an "Approval task node" that handles the approval from two departments: HR and Accounting. When I design this by using the GPD, I will create two Tasks and at runtime one Task instance will be created for each Task.

That is indeed an option

anonymous wrote : Now if I want to do this at runtime by using a rule file (or a delegation class), one way would be to create a default Task definition for this node when designing my process and then at runtime my rules will create two Task instances  (one for HR and one for Accounting) for the same  Task definition.
Correct, again, an option
anonymous wrote :
  | For the same idea, which is 2 Tasks one for HR and one for Accounting (at least in the BA point of view) I'm not using the same objects of my domain model to implement it. I'm just wondering if this is ok.... ? Yes, the implementation works fine in both cases but what if one day I'm stuck because I found out I can do some specific reporting in one case but not in the other case since the implementation is different ?

Then you have the same api at you disposal and you can 'migrate' the tasks or the complete processes by deploying a new processdefinition (or changing the existing one as you found out is also possible) and place the part of the tokens in the new tasknodes. Since you obviously want to minimize that and have clear e.g. swimlanes, make sure in advance (design time) things are split.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4215551#4215551

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4215551