[jboss-user] [Remoting] - Re: Race condition in ConnectionValidator

thammoud do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Mar 6 07:45:02 EST 2009

Hi Ron,

I think that their might be an issue with your suggestion. perhaps you can explain this behavior. I took your advice and bumped up the pingperiod to be more that the timeout and noticed that if we restart the server from under the client and the server comes back in less time than the ping period (Very possible), then the client's JMS connection listener does not get called yet the connection is invalid.

If the pingperiod is relatively short, say 10 seconds then the listener gets called. I do not believe that this is a messaging issue. Not having the JMS connection listener be called causes the client to get into a funny state. Perhaps we can work around that, but it seems to me that you will be putting the burden of cleanups on all your clients. Not very developer friendly.

Again, my fix allows a user to specify a very short ping period and the JMS connection listener gets called immediately.

Thanks for your insight.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4215692#4215692

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4215692