[jboss-user] [Security & JAAS/JBoss] - Configuring against a bass-ackward LDAP server

tnaran do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Mar 6 22:34:55 EST 2009

The LDAP directory I'm trying to configure JBoss for seems to have a structure different than what the Ldap module expects.

Using several LDAP explorer tools (LDAPExplorer 2, JXplorer), the group object's member attribute is empty, and group membership is stored on the user: each user has a groupMembership attribute which has multiple DN's pointing to the aforementioned groups.

I'm not sure the normal Ldap Module for JBoss was designed to handle this case, and I'm not sure how I would configure LdapExtLoginModule to do it.

Does anyone have any suggestions for me on how I can configure JBoss to authenticate against this kind of LDAP configuration?  Or am I up the creek? :-(

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4215919#4215919

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4215919