[jboss-user] [Remoting] - Re: Race condition in ConnectionValidator

thammoud do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Mar 10 08:19:53 EDT 2009

anonymous wrote : Are you actually seeing a case where "the client's JMS connection listener does not get called yet the connection is invalid" ?

Yes. Only when the server restarts in a time that is less than the ping period.

anonymous wrote : Make the tt (WaitOnConnectionCheckTimerTask) a class member (Must be volatile).

Did not mean a static. Sorry for the confusion.

anonymous wrote : while(tt != null) {} . No busy waits

I did say a non optimal solution :) This is up to you to use a latch or something else. Looking at the code, the busy wait looked harmless for our purposes.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4216530#4216530

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4216530