[jboss-user] [Remoting] - Messaging blocked by long time-out

rtm333 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Mar 11 06:49:42 EDT 2009

Hi,

I posted this question originally in the Messaging forum (http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&t=152037), but was told that it seems to be more of a Remoting issue.

I'm repeating the introductory description here, but would ask you to follow the link above for the full stack trace.

anonymous wrote :
  | We are using JBAS 4.2.2.GA with JBM 1.4.2.GA-SP1 and jboss-remoting-2.2.2.SP11-brew.jar.
  |
  | The server (running on Linux) is publishing on several topics to some Windows clients. If the network connection to one of the clients fails, the updates to ALL clients stop until a time-out occurs after about 15 to 18 minutes!
  |
  | Below is the stack trace of the server-side exception caused by the time-out. It should help to identify the offending operation that takes so long to time out.
  |
  | Can I do anything to shorten this time-out substantially to, say, 10 secs?

I suppose that the JIRA mentioned by Tim in his reply might be one of JBREM-1069, JBREM-1082 or JBMESSAGING-1482 that all seem to be concerned with passing parameters from the Messaging configuration to Remoting. But I'm rather confused whether my problem is really related to one of these and whether it should have been expected to be fixed by either Remoting 2.2.2.SP11-brew or Messaging 1.4.2.GA-SP1.

Any help welcome.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4216905#4216905

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4216905