[jboss-user] [EJB 3.0] - Re: removalTimeoutInSeconds & subsequent removal?

Protuhj do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Mar 11 09:21:52 EDT 2009

Ok -- I am getting frustrated over this, I have marked my remove function with @Remove and @PreDestroy and @PrePassivate, idleTimeoutSeconds is 5, removalTimeoutSeconds is 10, my members are transient.

It first times out and passivates, and calls remove on the Proper SFSB. It then tries to remove the bean using @PreDestroy 5 seconds later. When I redeploy my EJB to the app server, it calls my destroy method AGAIN, like it wasn't destroyed properly in the first place.

If I don't have @PrePassivate, it will call my destroy method via the @PreDestroy annotation I guess, but since it was passivated, it is not the correct instance of the bean so it doesn't close the socket. Then when I redeploy the EJB it calls the my remove function on the proper bean. This doesn't seem to be working like it should.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4216952#4216952

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4216952