[jboss-user] [JBoss Tools (users)] - Seam Generate Entities should be more flexible

asookazian do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Mar 11 12:15:01 EDT 2009

I just ran Seam Generate Entities Wizard for the workshop demo app.

I noticed that it essentially executes the 'seam generate' command which is described as follows in the seamfp\seam-gen\readme.txt :

generate
  | 	  Generate CRUD pages and controllers for an existing database
  | 	  schema.  Combines the generate-model and generate-ui commands to
  | 	  create the JPA entity classes and then the pages and controllers
  | 	  that allow them to be managed.

What if the developer doesn't need the UI components to be generated and only wants to exec 'seam generate-model'?  There is no way to do that in the wizard AFAIK.

For projects that are using their own custom DAO layer, for example, the generate and generate-ui tasks are not required and will not be used.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4217041#4217041

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4217041