[jboss-user] [JBoss Tools (users)] - Re: workshop project: can't generate seam entities

asookazian do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Mar 11 13:14:41 EDT 2009

so I deleted the workshop projects and started over.  this time I specified a JPA facet in addition to the defaults.

still doesn't work when I exec "from Customers" in HQL editor.  Still getting "Customers is not mapped" error.

@Entity
  | @Table(name = "CUSTOMERS", schema = "PUBLIC")
  | public class Customers implements java.io.Serializable {
  | }

Also, here: Figure 3.46. Mapping Diagram Opening, I can't do that either.  When I click expand configuration, I don't see anything.  so no mapping diagrams available either.

As per Table 4.3. Hibernate Console Configuration Classpath from this link: http://docs.jboss.org/tools/3.0.0.CR2/en/hibernatetools/html_single/index.html#console_conf

classpath: The classpath for loading POJO and JDBC drivers; only needed if the default classpath of the Project does not contain the required classes. Do not add Hibernate core libraries or dependencies, they are already included. If you get ClassNotFound errors then check this list for possible missing or redundant directories/jars.

I'm assuming that my default classpath contains the entity classes.

If it's this much a pain to setup basic tools in JBDS (and there isn't adequate coverage in docs on configurations with JPA), I won't even use it.  I never had this many problems with MyEclipseIDE.  I've spent almost 1.5 days getting this and the Seam Components view to work.  I appreciate your help, but I don't consider Seam/JBDS "next-generation" development...

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4217084#4217084

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4217084