[jboss-user] [JBoss Tools (users)] - Re: Feedback on the Smooks editor

max.andersen@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Mar 11 15:56:46 EDT 2009

No matter if we use a custom classloader we would need to have a *very* stable API to do this since we would compile against liet say Smooks 1.0 would our code be able to use Smooks 1.1, 1.2 etc. without updating the binaries ? - does Smooks provide that ?

And what about the model that we load - is that stable ? I'm asking since I don't know :)

About partial documents then users don't have syntax correct files - they type and it will be imperfect. That would mean as soon as the user type the graphical editor would not be able to show anything - that might be ok as you write it.

Another issue is that Smooks might not be able to load any of the related classes referred to in the editor because the classes are not compiled yet - does it support that ?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4217155#4217155

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4217155