[jboss-user] [Installation, Configuration & DEPLOYMENT] - Got error message when running application with war file dep

hauerw2009 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Mar 11 19:02:06 EDT 2009

We found the following problem in JBoss 5.0.0.GA with a war file. But the same war file works in JBoss 4.0.2.

When the application is deployed on JBoss 5.0, we got the following error message when it runs

SEVERE: Error happened while running the application.

java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError

    at org.apache.axis.client.Service.getAxisClient(Service.java:103)

    at org.apache.axis.client.Service.(Service.java:112)
    .
    .
    .

Caused by: org.apache.commons.logging.LogConfigurationException: org.apache.commons.logging.LogConfigurationException: No suitable Log constructor

[Ljava.lang.Class;@1853069 for org.apache.commons.logging.impl.Log4JLogger (Caused by java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/log4j/Category) (Caused by

org.apache.commons.logging.LogConfigurationException: No suitable Log constructor [Ljava.lang.Class;@1853069 for org.apache.commons.logging.impl.Log4JLogger (Caused by java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/log4j/Category))

    at org.apache.commons.logging.impl.LogFactoryImpl.newInstance(LogFactoryImpl.java:543)

    at org.apache.commons.logging.impl.LogFactoryImpl.getInstance(LogFactoryImpl.java:235)

    at org.apache.commons.logging.LogFactory.getLog(LogFactory.java:370)

    at org.apache.axis.components.logger.LogFactory.getLog(LogFactory.java:37)

    at org.apache.axis.handlers.BasicHandler.(BasicHandler.java:43)

    ... 101 more

Caused by: org.apache.commons.logging.LogConfigurationException: No suitable Log constructor [Ljava.lang.Class;@1853069 for

org.apache.commons.logging.impl.Log4JLogger (Caused by java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/log4j/Category)

We run JBoss 5.0 on Windows XP Professional,JDK version is 1.6.

Does anyone have any thoughts on this? Thank you in advance.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4217203#4217203

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4217203