[jboss-user] [JBoss Messaging] - Re: JMS Configuration

arunraai do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Mar 12 01:37:40 EDT 2009

I have downloaded the bundle of jboss-5.0.1.GA and configured the JBoss_Home and Path. Server is running fine.

I have gone through the document you have mentioned and confused in JBossMQ(4.2) to JBoss Messaging-Chapter-4(http://www.jboss.org/file-access/default/members/jbossmessaging/freezone/docs/userguide-1.4.3.GA/html/installation.html).

Is it necessary to use/configure database? In my case there no need to use database.

Why we need to configure ServerPeer?

My requirement is very simple. I want to use Jboss Messaging for a Queue only.

i.e. I want to configure/create a Queue, which would store a set of object so that client can lookup those object.

Form which chapter / from where  I need to follow the document?

Details about my application:
It is a client side application, a server is invoking my application and sending an Object.
- Object contains a set of objects/values. I need to persist in database.
- I am persisting it into database. Depends on values and size of object it takes time in persisting it. Sometimes while persisting server sends another object and because of this synchronization/transaction is not maintained,

you may suggest me that i should implement thread safety/Synchronized in my code, but in this case i will loose the Object which is coming from the server.

I planned that if i can save object in JMS Queue and then process it from there; then it would help me to accomplish it.

Your suggestions would be a good help.

Arun.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4217270#4217270

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4217270