[jboss-user] [JBoss Messaging] - Server Hang due to dead Lock

rseetharaman do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Mar 12 03:23:41 EDT 2009

Hi,

We experienced a server hang a couple of days back and analyzed the thread dump. We use JBoss 4.2 GA, JBM 1.4. The sever seems to hang due to the 2 threads below.

The Thread: Thread-136 : has the WriterpreferenceLock and the MessageSucker Lock and is waiting for the lock to be released on java.lang.Object at 1b6b0a1. While the Thread Thread-50 has the lock on java.lang.Object at 1b6b0a1 and is waiting for MessageSucker leading to the Dead Lock Situation.

Could publish the full dump after I confirm that I have the necessary permissions. Any hint on how to avoid this would really be appreciated.

Ranga

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4217284#4217284

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4217284