[jboss-user] [Installation, Configuration & DEPLOYMENT] - Re: How to run JBoss AS as Windows Service

jochen.reinhardt do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Mar 12 05:52:25 EDT 2009

Oops, sorry...

I use JBoss AS 5.0.1GA.
I am trying to install JBoss as windows service by executing service.bat install on the command line - no graphical interface. I get the error on Windows XP and Windows Server 2003. See my bug report for that issue.

My question is more general: What is the preferred way to start JBoss as Windows Service?
Using Java Service or jbosssvc.exe?

The last option does not even work at the moment, although the README describes the installation procedure in the /bin directory...

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4217354#4217354

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4217354