[jboss-user] [JBoss AOP] - Problem intercepting DataSource method calls in JBoss 4

fbrueseke do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Mar 17 11:48:05 EDT 2009

Hi JBoss AOP folks.

I have been fiddling with JBoss AOP all day now and just can't find the right solution. I want to use AOP to monitor which data sources are there and how long acquiring connections takes.

I am using a -aop.xml configuration file in my deploy directory. The bindings are the following:

  <bind pointcut="construction(org.jboss.resource.adapter.jdbc.WrapperDataSource->new(..))">
  |     <interceptor class="my.interceptors.aop.DatasourceRegistrar"/>
  |   </bind>
  |
  |   <bind pointcut="execution(public java.sql.Connection org.jboss.resource.adapter.jdbc.WrapperDataSource->getConnection(..))">
  |     <interceptor class="my.interceptors.aop.DatasourceConnectionInterceptor"/>
  |   </bind>

I use JBoss AOP version 1.5.6 with "javaagent" and load-time weaving. My configuration file is the following:
   <mbean code="org.jboss.aop.deployment.AspectManagerServiceJDK5"
  |       name="jboss.aop:service=AspectManager">
  |       <attribute name="EnableLoadtimeWeaving">true</attribute>
  |       <!-- only relevant when EnableLoadtimeWeaving is true.
  |            When transformer is on, every loaded class gets
  |            transformed.  If AOP can't find the class, then it
  |            throws an exception.  Sometimes, classes may not have
  |            all the classes they reference.  So, the Suppressing
  |            is needed.  (i.e. Jboss cache in the default configuration -->
  |       <attribute name="SuppressTransformationErrors">true</attribute>
  |       <attribute name="Prune">true</attribute>
  |       <attribute name="Include">org.jboss.test, org.jboss.injbossaop, org.jboss.resource</attribute>
  |       <attribute name="Exclude">org.jboss.</attribute>
  |       <!-- This avoids instrumentation of hibernate cglib enhanced proxies
  |       <attribute name="Ignore">*$$EnhancerByCGLIB$$*</attribute> -->
  |       <attribute name="Optimized">true</attribute>
  |       <attribute name="Verbose">false</attribute>
  |    </mbean>

The interceptors should print out some log messages. But it just doesn't happen anything.
Does anybody know why?

Please help.
Kind regards
Frank