[jboss-user] [EJB/JBoss] - EJB3 Load Balancing in a Cluster

krishnan366 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Mar 17 20:13:26 EDT 2009

I have a stateless session ejb3.0 deployed in jboss5.0.0 GA with the Cluster  & Round robin load balance policy annotations set in the ejb bean.

This ejb is invoked by a stand alone java client.

Now the call from the client is as follows

a) do HA _JNDI Lookup --> this is how my provider url is env.put("java.naming.provider.url","<IPADD1>:1100,<IPADD2>:1100")
b) do 10  calls to the remote ejb..

here i find that all the 10 calls are routed to IP Add 1 only ...

If I go through the entire process again i.e lookup & then ejb invocation, then the calls are routed to 2 nd server..

is the load balancing tied to the lookup.. i.e does the lookup refer to one server only at a time?

I was under the impression that 10 calls will also be load balanced and will be routed as per the load balancing policy..

Can somebody explain..

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4218839#4218839

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4218839