[jboss-user] [JBoss Tools (users)] - Re: Archive tool destination

rob.stryker@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Mar 18 00:53:53 EDT 2009

After re-reading this thread from scratch, I've got a few comments.

>>then if i go to jboss deploy directory and delete some class files. i can't re-synchronize.

Yes... this scenerio *will not* *ever* work. The archives model is updated by the builder, which passes in changed workspace resources since the last build. Deleting files from the deploy folder will not trigger any resource change events and the builder will not alert archives as to the changes. This is not a supported use case and I doubt it ever will be.

> 2. delete the war directory under server deploy
> 3. go to archive view and publish

Again, in this case, the workspace / archives is not aware of what's changed in the deploy folder. It's only aware of what changes in the workspace. Just as deleting class files from the deploy folder will not trigger resource change events, neither will deleting a project from the deploy folder.

Publish and republish are both incremental publishes. They're incremental from the point of the workspace and source files, *not* from the point of the server / destination folder or module.

>> "updating archives model" kicks in. which is kind of weird. because if i already have the archive in place, you don't have to build it. right?

The tools cannot verify whether the workspace has changed when you were outside of eclipse. For this reason, upon startup, unless "build automatically" is not enabled, the model will rebuild that jar.

The reason for this is fairly obvious. If, for example, you deleted the destination jar when eclipse was not loaded, and then you start eclipse, and change one or two files, only those one or two changed files will be in the jar. If build automatically is enabled, upon starting the workspace,

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4218870#4218870

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4218870