[jboss-user] [JBoss Tools (users)] - Re: seam-gen IDE vs Console

max.andersen@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Mar 18 08:53:54 EDT 2009

You are mixing up a couple of things here ;)

1) ICEFaces support - tell me who you know who will maintain and QA this and it will be done. Right now icefaces is totally separate config and setup from Richfaces and similar Seam-gen projects does not comply with WTP projects or maven or anything else for that matter - meaning we need to choose which things to focus on since all the combinations are not possible.

2) I don't know what problems you have had with JBossIDE and JBoss Tools but I can Install JBoss Developer Studio, run the seam wizard, pick options, compile, deploy and it runs out of the box (similar things I can do for JBoss tools but I have to bring my own eclipse, appserver and seam download) so for me to help you, you need to be more specific about what the problems are. Are you expecting we have configuration options for all JSF library out there ? Did something error during deploy ? compile ? the wizard ? More details please :)

3) Dan Allen, Pete Muir and I are trying to find a good way of marrying seam-gen and the rest of the world without having to maintain N x N integration points. Any input is welcome!

4) About the link then you could also just use seam-gen, select richfaces and things would work too if you go right click the project and enable seam (automatic deploy wont work though since seam-gen is ant driven and not WTP driven so you could use project archives for that)

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4219076#4219076

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4219076