[jboss-user] [JCA/JBoss] - jboss ha datasource configuration to the same host

brettcave do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Mar 20 01:40:22 EDT 2009

Would something like this work?

I am using heartbeat + ldirector for HA and loadbalancing of sql servers.

I find that jboss applications become unavailable for a while if the connection gets lost - which happens occassionally due to packet loss. So in trying to get a stable jboss + mysql infrastructure, I would like to use
<ha-tx-local-datasource>
<connection-url>jdbc:mysql://ha.host:3306/db|jdbc:mysql://ha.host:3306/db</connection-url>

The logic being that ldirector monitors mysql, and when a node goes down, it will immediately re-route to the other node. The datasource above uses connection pooling, so in the event of disconnection, it should automatically re-establish to the next server, which is the same server.

Should this work?

Also, i read somewhere that using background-validation with check-valid-connection-sql can cause a conflict, but cant find further info on it... any recommendations for detecting whether connections are valid?

lastly, is using jdbc:mysql://ha.host:3306/db?autoReconnect=true the same as leaving "autoReconnect=true" off the URL and adding it to <connection-property> ?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4219700#4219700

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4219700