[jboss-user] [JCA/JBoss] - Microsoft JDBC Driver for SQL Server 2008 Failure

treespace do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Mar 20 20:18:32 EDT 2009

I'm using Java 1.6 with JBoss AS 5.1.0 (beta 1) and SQL Server 2008.

I downloaded the driver for SQL Server from microsoft:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/data/aa937724.aspx

JBoss claims my mssql-ds.xml driver  "appears to be wrong" with this URL prefix:

jdbc:microsoft.sqlserver://localhost: ...

Googled up a reference to somebody using this URL instead:

jdbc:sqlserver://localhost: ...

That sort of works, sort of.

The driver itself complains about Java 1.6 and says to use the Type 4 driver (they give you both in the download). Type 4 connects just fine.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4220000#4220000

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4220000