[jboss-user] [EJB/JBoss] - Re: transaction propagation

asookazian do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Mar 23 15:59:11 EDT 2009

"semanticLance" wrote : similar issue for me and same exception.  the difference for me is that i don't have a class-wide transaction attribute set.  just one method calling another.  caller does not support transactions and the called method requires a new transaction.

  | my methods:
  |

  |   |     @TransactionAttribute(TransactionAttributeType.NOT_SUPPORTED)
  |   |     public void persistInt(SimpleInt myInt) {
  |   |         persistIntImplementation(getUser(), myInt);
  |   |     }
  |   |
  |   |
  |   |     @TransactionAttribute(TransactionAttributeType.REQUIRES_NEW)
  |   |     private void persistIntImplementation(User user, SimpleInt myInt) {
  |   |         myInt.setValue(myInt.getValue() + 1);
  |   |         em.persist(myInt);
  |   |     }
  |   |

this case is the same issue I posted and solved here:
[url]
http://www.seamframework.org/Community/EJB3AndSeamNonatomicTransactionsWithLoopScenario[/url]

bottom line: you can't use @TransactionAttribute annotation on private methods in a session bean.  It just ignores it unfortunately which is what took me so long to figure this limitation out until I read JSR220.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4220403#4220403

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4220403