[jboss-user] [EJB 3.0] - Re: Can't get @Service to work

chtimi2 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Mar 25 06:19:16 EDT 2009

Well you're right it would certainly be better not to waste resources moving around messages that will never be used, if i had a way to deactivate the MDB/unplug it from the topic. Is it possible?

My use case is a bit special because the destination this MDB used to listen to was a queue, which was fine since the message had to be consumed on only one node of the cluster.
But meanwhile it has appeared that a queue won't do since some new unit test MDPs also listen to this destination. Of course if it's a queue the message can only be consumed once so the test isn't notified and fails. But if it's a standard topic, the MDB will use it on all nodes which isn't right either.

So my idea was to use a topic and activate/deactivate the MDB.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4220846#4220846

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4220846