[jboss-user] [JNDI/Naming/Network] - Re: JBoss 5 Client connect issues

kevenr do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Mar 25 16:55:40 EDT 2009

We upgraded from 4.0.5.GA to 5.

As a point of note, I was able to modify two files,
deploy/ejb3-connectors-jboss-beans.xml
and
deploy/messaging/remoting-bisocket-service.xml

In these files are references to
${jboss.bind.address}

If these are replaced with another property (or hard-coded), then you remoting appears to work (at least for me).  There are several other files in the deploy directory that reference the jboss.bind.address, and they may need to be configured if other portions of the J2EE specification need to be used.  We are using JMS (topics), and EJB3 beans (stateless session, and POJO EJBs with hibernate to a MySQL DB).

In my case, since I was already setting a system property "java.rmi.server.hostname" with the desired IP address, I used this, rather than hard-coding an IP address.

I had found another document, http://www.jboss.org/community/docs/DOC-10733 that discusses the use of the -Djboss.bind.address.  Unfortunately, I could not get remoting and local to work simultaneously in any configuration, almost as if the variable gets overwritten at some point internally.

The good news is that these two modifications do not appear to break anything else.  If someone wiser regarding the internals of JBoss could comment, it would be appreciated.  Otherwise, we will go with these changes, for now.

Thanks for the help!

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4221112#4221112

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4221112