[jboss-user] [Security & JAAS/JBoss] - Re: Kerberos, ejb, rmi

alexanders do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Mar 25 20:06:51 EDT 2009

I think where are some good reasons for you to switch the protocol.

Where is no standard implementations and I think specification for RMI to handle kerberos negotiation.

In addition I had couple of problems to get RMI working in cluster environment behind LB.
Actually I didn't got it working... maybe it failed just because WebsFear as client and server....

I'm trying JBossRemoting to get "RMI over HTTP".
This could be a standard way for kerberized remote EJB invocation.

Also it is a good choice for you to use REST like invocation from java desktop application.
And wrap the EJB invocation inside restlet.

RMI protocol need be deprecated... To my opinion.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4221142#4221142

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4221142