[jboss-user] [Tomcat, HTTPD, Servlets & JSP] - newbie encoding question

gonso75 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Mar 26 05:31:29 EDT 2009

Hi All

Im doing my first project with JBoss a server and Im having quite some problems displaying special characters such as the stress marks we use in Spanish (or French) ?? ?? ?? ?? ??.

This is what I have in my code:
	protected void doPost(HttpServletRequest request, HttpServletResponse response) throws ServletException, IOException {
  | 		response.setCharacterEncoding("iso-8859-1");
  | 		response.setContentType("text/html; charset=iso-8859-1");

But the page (when clicking view sourcecode) shows this:
<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd">
  | <head>

Any tips on what Im doing wrong?

Thanks!