[jboss-user] [JBoss Cache: Core Edition] - Re: putForExternalRead doesn't solve our problem

manik.surtani@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Mar 26 05:47:03 EDT 2009

"jshowalter" wrote :
  | - "if all of the data in a node ages out of the cache due to LRU, is the data removed from the cache and the node left in place, or is the node also removed"?

Like I said, the unit of atomicity is a node.  So, it is an entire node that times out due to LRU, not any specific key/value pair within a node.  As such, eviction removes the entire node *unless* the node has children, and is needed as a structural mechanism to access those children.  In the latter case, the node is emptied and flagged as being evicted, but the node itself is still left as a structural piece.

"jshowalter" wrote :
  | - "but you do introduce the possibility of phantom reads (but this is allowed in R_R semantics anyway)." We're using READ_COMMITTED. That should prevent phantom reads, shouldn't it?

Nope.  :-)

http://api.openoffice.org/docs/common/ref/com/sun/star/sdbc/TransactionIsolation.html

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4221201#4221201

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4221201