[jboss-user] [JBoss jBPM] - Re: JEE AS / jBPM / Exception when Oracle DB is restarted

gchanteb do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Mar 26 07:10:06 EDT 2009

Hi, thx for your answer but i have configured my EJB-timers to use the same DB than jBPM (Oracle XA).

I solved my problem at test 3- using new thin drivers for Oracle: ojdbc5.jar insted of ojdbc14.jar in my JEE AS. They are able to reconnect to DB.

I have a new problem: When I have an exception using timers (When my jBPM Oracle DB is down, process cannot be updated, so there is an exception), they doesn't work any more, even if i put a repeat attribute.

So:

t=0 sec: I launch my process with a timer action at 60 seconds and a repeat of 60 seconds...
t=20 sec: I shutdown my DB.
t=60 sec: There is an exception of my timer because my DB is down, logic.
t=80 sec: I restart my DB. Reconnection is OK.
t=120 sec: My timer doesn't repeat itself.

The behaviour is the same even if i don't restart my DB...

(If my DB is started, the repeat works, don't worry i checked this ;-))

So, my problem is: Why the timer doesn't repeat itself? Note that if i restart my AS, the timer "re-works". If i restart my timer-service under JMX console of JBoss, the timer "re-works" too.

I would that they works without doing one of these things...

Thx.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4221228#4221228

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4221228